Although leaking pipes may not seem like an issue in need of your immediate attention, delaying repair can be hazardous. Damp spots that are left in areas that don’t get a lot of light to dry out become the perfect environment for mold to grow.
If you allow these spots to form and mold to grow, they can have some fairly severe health effects on you and your family. Exposure to mold can lead to symptoms such as a stuffy nose, wheezing, itchy/red eyes or skin. If it turns out that someone in your household is allergic to mold, the symptoms can be much more intense.